Artichoke and Asiago Cheese Dip
One of my absolute favourite dips is artichoke and asiago cheese dip…so yummy! I’ve been searching for a recipe for a while and have found one that tastes just about the same. Since I didn’t have asiago cheese handy, I substituted it with Parmesan which tastes very similar. This recipe was found at Sparkrecipes.com.
2 jars artichoke hearts
1 cup fat free mayonnaise
.5 cup low fat asiago cheese
2 cloves garlic
1 small can mild green chilies (optional)
1 small round sourdough loaf (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. If serving with sourdough, hollow out the bread, don’t discard the bread you take out!
3. In a medium bowl, mix together the artichoke hearts, mayonnaise, cheese, garlic and chili peppers (if using). If serving with sourdough, transfer the mixture to the hollowed out bread.
4. If serving in sourdough, wrap in tinfoil and bake in the preheated oven 50 to 60 minutes, or until lightly browned. Otherwise bake uncovered for about 30 minutes or until bubbly.
5. Serve with sourdough, pita bread, crackers or tortilla chips.
Number of Servings: 12